ABS CDO Finance Assingment Help With Solution
1) In the article “Credit Default Swaps and Structured Credit: A Primer for Wealth Managers” by Jeffrey T. Prince, CFA, he recognizes five problems that were associated with the collateral that was used to create ABS CDOs. (25 points)
a) Name and discuss briefly the five problems associated with the collapse in the ABS CDO market. Note the collapse was due to the very high default rates experienced by ABS CDOs. The five problems or issues are said to be the reason default rates were so high.
b) The article also briefly mentions two opposing views as to who, in general, was at fault for the bubble. Please list and briefly describe the two opposing views. Which viewpoint does the author agree with?
c) What was, or is, the “Anthos Funding” deal? Describe it in brief terms. What are its unique characteristics? Why is it mentioned in the article by Mr. Prince?
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id email@example.com with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
2) In class, we constructed a CDO utilizing three bonds. We saw that by utilizing “pooling”, and “prioritizing” default claims, we created securities with attractive characteristics. Essentially, we “re-packaged” existing debt that is “pari passu” into priority claims on the collateral of the pool. The result is, a portion of the issued debt has reduced probability of default and is of higher quality than the collateral of the pool – that securitizes the debt. (75 points)
a) Assume you purchase four bonds. Create a CDO and issue four tranches of bonds. Model the pool and display the probabilities of default, the pay-offs, and recovery rates. Calculate the current price of each bond and the YTM. Calculate the total market value of the pool.Collateral:
1) The collateral has a total value of 400 with 100 allocated to each bond
2) Bonds are risky, speculative grade bonds
3) Defaults are independent and occur only at maturity
4) At maturity, each bond pays 100
5) Each bond has a 15% probability of default
6) Each bond has a 30% recovery rate
7) Risk free rate is 5%
b) Issue four tranches of bonds, the size of each tranche will be as follows:
1) Senior Tranche ?
2) Mezzanine Tranche ?
3) Subordinated Mezzanine Tranche ?
4) Subordinated Tranche ?
c) Calculate the price, YTM, default probability and recovery rates for each issue. Were you successful in creating a CDO with superior characteristics than the individual bonds?
d) Given, your answer to item C, make any changes you like to the size of the tranches to improve the characteristics of the bonds being issued.
e) Why do we assume defaults are independent?
Product Code :Fin290
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.