Accounts-AW365 Online Services
This problem set is due on Monday, 23 February 2015, 23:55 (GMT). This problem set is an individual assignment, and you should NOT consult or collaborate with your classmates in its completion. However, feel free to email me if you have any clarification questions. Please answer the problems in Excel and submit the Excel spreadsheet. A template Excel file “Finance for Executives – PS#2” that contains the relevant data is provided for your convenience. Feel free to modify it as you see fit to answer the questions. You may also use a financial calculator to calculate the answers. If you do so, then type your answers into the Excel file.
1. Consider portfolios with positions in the US and Brazilian equity markets. The (annual) expected return and standard deviation of returns (in US dollars) for the 2 markets are as follows: US Brazil E[r] 10% 15% SD[r] 20% 30% The correlation between the returns is 0.2. In addition, assume that the (annual) risk-free (T-bill) rate is 5%.
a. Calculate the expected returns and standard deviations of the following portfolios: (i) 50% in the risk-free asset, 50% in the US (ii) 50% in the risk-free asset, 50% in Brazil (iii) 50% in the US, 50% in Brazil (Note: You already did this calculation for PS#1.) (iv) 50% in the risk-free asset, 50% in the portfolio in (iii) above
b. Calculate the Sharpe ratios of (i) the US market (ii) the Brazilian market (iii) the portfolio in Q.1a(iii) (iv) the portfolio in Q.1a(iv)
c. Find the weights (T-bill, US, Brazil) for a portfolio with the same expected return as Brazil (15%), using only a combination of the risk-free rate and the portfolio in Q.1a(iii)? What is the standard deviation of this portfolio? What is the correlation of this portfolio with the portfolio in Q.1a(iii)?
2. Assume the risk-free rate is 5% (rf = 5%), the expected return on the market portfolio is 10% (E[rM] = 10%) and the standard deviation of the return on the market portfolio is 20% (σM = 20%). (All numbers are annual.) Assume the CAPM holds.
a. What are the expected returns on securities with the following betas: (i) β = 1.4 (ii) β = 0.6 (iii) β = -0.2
b. What are the betas of securities with the following expect returns: (i) 10% (ii) 5% (iii) -1%
c. What are the portfolio weights (in the risk-free asset and the market portfolio) for efficient portfolios (portfolios on the efficient frontier/CML) with expected returns of (i) 6% (ii) 10% (iii) 20%
d. What are the portfolio weights (in the risk-free asset and the market portfolio) for efficient portfolios (portfolios on the efficient frontier/CML) with standard deviations of (i) 8% (ii) 20% (iii) 25%
e. Can securities or portfolios with the following characteristics exist in equilibrium, assuming the CAPM holds (yes or no): (i) expected return 0%, standard deviation 40% (ii) expected return 8%, standard deviation 9% (iii) expected return 15%, standard deviation 50%
f. A stock with a beta of 1 (β = 1.0) has a current price of $40/share. (i) Assuming it pays no dividends, what is the expected price in 1 year? (ii) If it is expected to pay a dividend of $4/share at the end of the year, what is the expected price in 1 year (after the payment of the dividend)?
g. For a moment (but just a moment) assume that the CAPM may not hold. A non-dividend paying stock has a current price of $50/share and an expected price in 1 year of $57/share (based on your personal analysis of the company’s prospects). (i) If the stock has a beta of 1 (β = 1.0), what is its alpha (α)? (ii) What is the alpha (α) if the beta is 2 (β = 2.0)?
You can read more about our case study assignment help services here.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention Case Id mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with Case Id in the email body. Case Id is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to Case Id . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
We use best scientific approach to solve case study as recommended and designed by best professors and experts in the World. The approach followed by our experts are given below:
The first step in solving any case study analysis is to define its problem carefully. In order to do this step, our experts read the case two three times so as to define problem carefully and accurately. This step acts as a base and help in building the structure in next steps.
The second step is to define structure to solve the case. Different cases has different requirements and so as the structure. Our experts understand this and follow student;s university guidelines to come out with best structure so that student will receive best mark for the same.
Research and Analysis
This is the most important step which actually defines the strength of any case analysis. In order to provide best case analysis, our experts not only refer case materials but also outside materials if required to come out with best analysis for the case.
Conclusion & Recommendations
A weak conclusion or recommendations spoil the entire case analysis. Our expert know this and always provide good chunks of volume for this part so that instructors will see the effort put by students in arriving at solution so as to provide best mark.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Humanities Assignment help
- Taxation Homework Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
3. XYZ Inc. has expected earnings over the next year of $2/share (E[E1] = 2). The company is expected to maintain an earnings retention rate of 40% (b = 0.4), i.e., 60% of earnings are expected to be paid out as dividends every year. The company has a beta of 2, the risk-free rate is 4% (rf = 4%), and the market risk premium is also 4% (E[rM]-rf = 4%).
a. If the growth rate in earnings is expected to be 4% in perpetuity
i. What is the value of the stock?
ii. What is the expected price a year from now?
iii. What is the expected holding period return over the next year?
iv. What ROE justifies (is consistent with) this growth rate?
b. If the ROE is expected to be 15% in perpetuity
i. What is the implied growth rate?
ii. What is the value of the stock?
c. If the current price of the stock is $18/share
i. What is the implied growth rate?
ii. What is the implied ROE?
4. XYZ Inc. is expected to pay no dividends for the next 5 years. However, at the end of the sixth year (at time 6), the company is expected to pay a dividend of $1/share. Dividends are expected to grow at 10% per year for the following 9 years (through the end of the 15th year, i.e., time 15), then to grow at 5% every year thereafter (forever). Assume the appropriate discount rate (required return) is 10%.
a. What is the expected value of the stock at time 15?
b. What is the expected value of the stock at time 5?
c. What is the value of the stock today?
5. Consider a 2-year, risk-free bond with a coupon rate of 6% (annual coupons) and a face amount of $1,000. If the yield on the bond is 6% (i.e., P = $1,000),
a. What is the Macaulay duration of this bond?
b. If the yield increases to 7% immediately, what does the duration approximation predict will be the percentage change in the bond price?
c. If the yield increases to 7% immediately, what is the actual percentage change in the bond price?
product code: Accounts-AW365
Looking for best Accounts-AW365 online,please click here