Kelly Salon Case Study Analysis Help With Solutions
In 1995, Kelly’s Salon was opened by Kelly Kostanza in a strip mall near the College campus. Kelly’s Salon started as a barbershop with one chair. Over the years, Kelly has expanded her business to include hair styling for both men and women. Her business has grown to three barber chairs, three hair styling stations, and a shampoo station. In response to her customers’ requests, Kelly would like to further expand her business by adding two stations for manicures. The small gift shop next door to her has recently come up for sale, and she is thinking about acquiring that area for manicures.
Kelly’s Salon first opened, it was the only barbershop within a ten-mile radius. It was one of the first businesses to open in the strip mall where it is located, and the number of customers has increased each year. Over the years a couple of other barbershops have opened around the area, and there is news that a Hair Cuttery (offering men’s and women’s haircuts and styling only) will open about 5 miles away. In the shopping center across the street, an expensive spa has now opened where hair styling is offered along with manicures. Just around the corner from Kelly’s Salon is a home with a sign offering manicures.
While Kelly’s Salon continues to grow and profits are increasing, Kelly is sure that she could improve her operation in the areas of scheduling, supply ordering, inventory management, collecting customer information, and marketing.
Kelly’s Salon currently uses no technology. There is not even a computer in the back office. Kelly has hired you to help her with determining how she could apply information technology to help her manage her growing operation. Throughout this course you will assist Kelly with analyzing her business and applying a technology-related solution to improve the operation of Kelly’s Salon. Your advice will be based on the business practices discussed in the class and the course materials to help her increase revenue, keep the business running, and bring the business into the 21st century.
- Note 1: You will be looking for a technology solution. While installing a tea and coffee bar may attract new customers, it is not a technology solution.
- Note 2: As you approach the assignments, you will find it helpful to think about your own experiences with a barbershop or styling salon. Making a trip to a local barbershop or salon may help you think about the processes, challenges, and opportunities
Analyze the business environment and justify Kelly’s selected generic strategy and process for improvemen
- Stage 1 Project: Business Environment Analysis (Word document with analysis) Determine the functional (business) requirements by analyzing inputs, processing and outputs for the process selected for improvement, using the process model provid
- Stage 2 Project: Business Analysis and Functional Requirements (Word document withtable of inputs, processing and outputs) Evaluate various IT requirements
- Stage 3 Project: IT Requirements (Word table) Propose an IT solution and evaluate what it would take to implement your solution
- Stage 4 Project: Proposed IT Solution and Next Steps (Word document)
- Course Learning Outcomes: These assignments are designed to help you identify how to effectively analyze and interpret information to improve the business. This is an opportunity for you to apply course concepts, vocabulary, and critical thinking skills and think like a business professional. When you are writing a paper or developing a presentation, write in third person, preparing your document as if it is going to the owner, Kelly Kostanza, whom you want to impress with your knowledge and abilities.
- Writing Expectations: For academic writing, the writer is expected to write in the third person. In third person, the writer avoids the pronouns I, we, my, and our. The third person is used to make the writing more objective by taking the individual, the “self,” out of the writing. This method is very helpful for academic writing, a form in which facts, not opinion, drive the tone of the text. Writing in the third person allows the writer to come across as unbiased and thus more informed.
- Resources: Several of the assignments require external research, using sources other than the materials provided in the classroom. It is important that you identify relevant, timely resources that specifically support the points or information you provide in your assignments. You should read the source and assimilate the information first, and then put it into your own words and incorporate it into the flow of your writing (with an appropriate in-text APA citation and a list of references at the end of your paper). Direct quotes should be used very sparingly—only when the author’s own words uniquely present a concept that would be lost if paraphrased by you.
- Evaluation: The grading rubric is included with each assignment. Review the rubric to ensure all aspects of the assignment have been addressed.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
Create a document that includes:
Brief introduction providing the background of the case, why you are writing and what is to come in your paper. This should only be 3-5 sentences.
II. Five Forces Analysis
Perform a Porter’s Five Forces analysis for Kelly’s Salon, addressing each of the five forces in two or three sentences. For each of the five forces, your analysis should include:
• Explanation of the force and what it means to Kelly’s Salon
• Assessment of the force’s impact (Positive, Negative or Neutral) on the business
• A statement as to whether it should affect Kelly’s strategy for a competitive advantage (yes or no).
III. Justification of Selected Strategy for Competitive Advantage
• Explain how Kelly’s selected strategy for competitive advantage – Cost Leadership Strategy — is justified and supported by the Five Forces Analysis.
• Relate the strategy back to each of Porter’s five forces discussing the impact of the strategy based on your assessment of the force (positive, negative, or neutral).
IV. Business Process
• Explain how the process Kelly has identified to be improved – Customer and Employee Scheduling — is related to and supports the strategy for competitive advantage Kelly selected.
• Explain generally how a technology solution could help improve the process. (Do not provide any specific solution.)
Provide at least one external resource in your paper on an area of your choice. Note that two or more external resources are required for maximum points. An external resource is a resource other than those provided in the class or textbook. Incorporate a properly formatted APA citation in the text of your document. Then, place an APA style reference page at the end of your document.
For academic writing, the writer is expected to write in the third person. In third person, the writer avoids the pronouns I, we, my, and ours. The third person is used to make the writing more objective by taking the individual, the “self,” out of the writing. This method is very helpful for academic writing, a form in which facts, not opinion, drive the tone of the text. Writing in the third person allows the writer to come across as unbiased and thus more informed.
• Write a short concise paper: 2-3 double spaced pages of content; table entries for the Five Forces analysis should be single spaced.
• Use at least one external resources with APA formatted citation and reference.
• Include a title page and a reference page.
• Compare your work to the Grading Rubric below to be sure you have met content and quality criteria.
• Submit your paper as a Word document, or a document that can be read in Word.
• Your submission should include your last name first in the filename: Lastname_firstname_Stage_1
Product Code :Case03
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at email@example.com but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails. You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.