Lehman Brothers Case Study And Analysis Help With Solution
Source: Capital Markets Coursepack
The case of “Lehman Brothers and the Securitization of American Express Charge-Card Receivables” presents complex issues of corporate funding strategy through the use of the capital markets. In the period under discussion American Express was expanding its charge card business and establishing new approaches to the financing of the business. As a major financial services company American Express depended on the capital markets for its most fundamental raw material – inexpensive money – to support its needs for liquidity and profitability. The case examines the process of determination of the best alternatives and provides a perspective of the interplay of corporate and market processes. As another major theme the case illuminates the interplay of corporate/investment banker relationships. In this situation this relationship is especially interesting because of the affiliated relationship of the investment bank, Lehman Brothers, and the corporate client, American Express Travel Related Services (TRS). The case reviews the efforts to deal with difficult choices and the alternatives available in the capital markets. It illuminates a number of issues in the process of corporate access to the capital markets and in the responsibilities of an investment-banking advisor in facilitating this access.
The case focuses on three primary participants:
1. The Company – American Express Travel Related Services (TRS)
2. Affiliated Investment Bank – Lehman Brothers
3. The Rating Agencies
Three aspects in the situation are highlighted:
1. Intracorporate relationship: Lehman and TRS
2. The rating process
3. Marketing and pricing
Write a report up to 8 pages in length. Please follow the instructions and make sure that you answer all the questions in the expectations.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
The student should address the following:
1. Corporate Analysis – consider the special relationship between Lehman and TRS. This created an unusual dynamic between the company and its investment banker. What expectations would follow within American Express from this relationship? How would the client /corporate interaction be affected? What are the advantages/disadvantages compared to the normal arms-length selection of an investment bank in a very competitive process? What are the implications in the deal process and the positives and negatives? Would you have retained Lehman for the assignment? Explain.
2. Situation Analysis – review TRS funding needs the distribution of the receivables in terms of risk and client profile, and the objectives for TRS in this effort. Evaluate and discuss the factors you find of importance.
3. Structure – explain and evaluate the differences in the securitization of charge card receivables vs. credit card receivables.
4. Agency Rating Processes – review and discuss the tradeoffs in the acquisition of a superior rating. What are the critical factors in the rating decision? Recommend any alternatives in the rating evaluation situation which may have better served TRS interests. Present your view on the role of the rating authorities and the enhancement of the effort to establish the best relationship and results with the agencies.
5. Marketing – comment on the considerations Lehman advised and pursued in the marketing of the securities. Review the principal factors of marketing strategy and the structure of the securitization package to enhance market acceptance.
6. Strategic Evaluation – do you believe TRS interests were served best by the secuitization approach? Compare to other alternatives in the capital markets.
7. How would a straight issuance of debt by TRS or American Express compared to the path taken by Lehman/TRS? Provide your rating (1-10; A to F) of the performance of Lehman and TRS.
For this assignment you may draw on relevant information outside of the case. Delivery of the class presentation should be in the format you find most effective. Assume you are a corporate working group preparing for the presentation and provide the delivery which you believe bests serves your viewpoint and leads to successful recognition of your efforts.
Product Code :Case59
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at email@example.com but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.