Mortgages Finance Assignment Help With Solution
1. The assumptions are a $500,000 mortgage, a 3.875% FRM 30 and a 2.875% FRM 15 and a four year holding period.
a) In excel, show the differential cash flows for a 5 year holding period. Determine in the Excel Worksheet the differential (or incremental) cash flows for both the selection of an FRM15 instead of an FRM30 and the FRM30 vs the FRM15.
Incremental Cash Flows FRM15
Instructions for b) & c) below: Using an Excel worksheet (as above in a), determine the rate of return (IRR) and net present value (NPV) on the incremental cash flows from selecting either the FRM15 or the FRM30. Use the FRM30 rate as the discount rate for the NPV. Enter answers below for b) and c)
b) IRR from selecting the FRM 15 instead of the FRM 30 =
IRR from selecting the FRM 30 instead of the FRM 15 =
c) NPV from selecting the FRM 15 instead of the FRM 30 =
NPV from selecting the FRM 30 instead of the FRM 15 =
d) Use the IRR above to decide which mortgage to select – the FRM15 or the FRM30. Support your answer interpreting the IRR results.
Choose the (FRM15 or FRM30). Highlight your choice..
Support your decision below:
e) If you chose the FRM15, you effectively created an incremental investment. Describe the risk of that investment.
f) What would be the monthly payments for the FRM30? (Show steps for on Excel document’s Worksheet entitled “Monthly Payment”) Monthly Payment on FRM30 =
g) Assume the borrower is in the 20% tax bracket and itemized taxes. What are the after-tax cash flows in year 1 for the FRM30? (In “Yearly Payment”, see Lines 39&40 for a work section)
Cash flows for FRM30 in year 1 (ignoring taxes) =
The after-tax cash flows year 1 =
2. Instead of a choice between the FRM15 and the FRM30, we discussed how you could reframe the choice using only one mortgage. Identify the two correct answer(s).
a) Between an FRM15 and an FRM15 + Investment
b) Between an FRM15 and an FRM15 + Loan
c) Between an FRM30 and an FRM30 + Investment
d) Between an FRM30 and an FRM30 + Loan
3. Identify the below as true or false by entering your answer in the blank before the statement.
________ In forecasting the financials to determine needs for external financing as demonstrated in Chapter 3, the answer to the external financing required (EFR) is as follows:
EFR = Assets – Debt – Equity
4. Retained earnings for 2014 was $1,580; the profit from the income statement that was forecasted for 2015 was 234; the retained earnings for 2015 was $1,697. But $1,580 + $234 is not equal to $1,697. Explain.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id email@example.com with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
5. Your financial forecast indicates Assets = $10,000; Liabilities = 6,000; Common Stock = $1,000; Retained earnings = $2,000. So the deficiency in funds is $1,000. You plan to borrow to make up the deficiency. The interest rate is 10%; the tax rate is 20%; the dividend payout ratio is 25%. How much do you need to borrow to satisfy the deficiency? Show work in the Worksheet “Other” for credit.
Loan amount =
6. ROE = NI/Sales X Sales/Total Assets X Total Assets/Equity.
Total Assets/Equity involves financial leverage. Show below how Total Assets/Equity can be derived and expressed in terms of Debt/Equity.
7. Assume Company A and Company B are identical with $4,000 in assets and both companies have an EBIT of $500. Company A has financed its assets with all equity; Company B has financed its assets with 80% debt at a 10% interest rate and the remainder in equity. The tax rate is 25%. Compute ROA, ROE, and ROIC on the Excel Worksheet entitled ROE ROA ROIC and put the answers below. For credit, you must show your math in the Excel worksheet entitled ROE ROA ROIC.
Company ACompany B
8. ROE = ROIC + (ROIC – I’) X (D/E)
Company A expects a project to provide an ROIC of 10%. Company A plans to finance the project with an interest rate of 12%. The tax rate is 30%. Will this project and its financing increase or decrease ROE?
a) Increase ROE
b) Decrease ROE
9. Referring to your decision in #8 above, show the math for your decision in the space below.
Debt None$ 900
EBIT 200 200
Int (10%) 0 90
EBT 200 110
Tx (20%) -40 -22
PAT 160 88
If you add the combined payments to shareholders and creditors, Firm A has $18 less than Firm B. Explain.
Product Code :Fin93
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.