Hospital Policy Manual Updates Nursing Assignment Help
Part I: Policy Manual Introduction (1–2 pages)
United General’s hospital administrator reviews the hospital’s policy manual and discovers that it inadequately addresses the area of patient records. The hospital administrator tasks you with reviewing the hospital policy manual and reporting on the thoroughness of its coverage of patient records. After a review of the policy manual, you report that the coverage of patient records is sparse and outdated. The hospital administrator then asks you to update the policy manual.
The policy manual introduction should include:
- An update to the manual’s introduction to include more depth in the area of patient records. As you write this section, describe the purpose of patient record protection and its importance to the organization.
- An explanation of the legal requirements for protecting patient health records.
Part II: Risk Assessment (3–5 pages)
Because Pete compromised Winnie’s patient records, the hospital administrator tasks you with identifying other potential risks that the hospital and the primary care physicians may need to address to protect patient records.
Your risk assessment should:
- Identify risks to both electronic and paper patient records, and recommend remedies United General can put in place to protect the records from compromise.
- Create policy statements that comply with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) regulations addressing access to and disclosure of electronic and paper patient records.
- Describe relevant training topics that will educate the staff on accessing and disclosing patient records.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
Part III: Alignment with Regulatory Requirements (3–5 pages)
Winnie’s lawsuit refers to United General’s violation of patient record protection and privacy regulations as the prime cause of the problem. This has now opened United General to governmental inquiries as well as to federal lawsuits.
Write a 3–5 page APA style paper addressing the following:
- Review the requirements of the HIPAA regulations and identify areas in the case study that breached HIPAA regulations, remembering your analysis of the hospital’s policy manual—the policies applicable to patient record handling and disposal require an update to align with HIPAA regulations.
- Create policy statements that align with HIPAA regulations that address patient health care record handling and disposal.
- Describe relevant training topics for staff in order to educate them on the handling and disposal of patient records.
Part IV: Managerial Oversight (3–4 pages)
During Pete’s exit interview he states that he did not receive managerial direction or training in regard to accessing computer systems and online patient records. The hospital administrator reviews the management training manual and finds that the area detailing instructions that management needs to give to staff is sparse. The hospital administrator asks that you write a section of the management training manual to provide clear instructions for management oversight in the area of handling and accessing patient records. As part of managerial oversight of hospital staff, access to patient records should be restricted and only available to appropriate staff members. For instance, in this case study, Pete should not have had access to Winnie’s patient record.
This section of the management training manual should:
- Include clear instructions for management oversight in the area of handling and accessing patient records.
- Include policy statements for role-based security level access to patient records.
- Describe methods to set security levels for accessing patient records to support the policy statements.
Product Code :Nur01
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at email@example.com but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.