Operation Management Help 06
Problem 1: Describe the input-output transformation:
1) A shipping company
2) A new product development project
3) The cash cycle of a company
Problem 2: Is it possible for a process to have the same flow rate, R, with both high inventory I with high flow time, T, and low I with low T? Which would you rather have? Why?
Problem 3: Apply Little’s Law to answer the following two questions.
1) A steel company processes $400 million of iron ore per year. The cost of processing ore is $200 million per year. The average inventory is $100 million. The value of inventory includes both ore and processing cost. How long does a dollar spend in the process?
2) A branch office of an insurance company processes 10,000 claims per year. Average processing time is three weeks. Assume that the office works 50 weeks per year. How many claims are being processed at any given point?
Problem 4: Design a question that requires the application of Little’s Law and provide its solution. Be creative!
Problem 5: Consider the operation of inspecting used cell phones, which includes three steps (from left to right in the graph below): (1) checking for visible physical damage, (2) inspecting for liquid damage, and (3) testing all main function. The processing rates of one employee performing each step are given in the graph. Calculate system parameters, R0, T0, and I0, of this operation.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
Problem 6: Consider the following four-workstation production line.
Number of Machines
Processing Rate (jobs/hour) per Machine
1) What are the bottleneck rate, raw process time and critical inventory of this production line?
2) Assume that the current inventory level in this production line is 42 parts. What is the flow rate under the practical worst case? If the actual flow rate of this line is 10 jobs per hour, is the line running efficiently or not?
3) If we add an identical machine to Station 4 and keep the same number of inventory as in (b), i.e., 42, what is the flow rate under the practical worst case? If after adding this identical machine, the actual flow rate of the line increases to 14 jobs per hour, is the line running efficiently now?
4) Again, assume that the current inventory level in this production line is 42 parts. If we speed up both machines in Station 4 from each processing 6 jobs per hour to each processing 8 jobs per hour and keep the same number of inventory, what is the flow time under the practical worst case? If the actual flow time that we observed from the production line is 4 hours, is the line running efficiently now?
Problem 7: What are some capacity measures for each of the following?
Please name at least three for each.
Problem 8: A small firm intends to increase the capacity of a bottleneck operation by adding a new machine. Two alternatives, A and B, have been identified, and the associated costs and revenues have been estimated. Annual fixed costs would be $40,000 for A and $30,000 for B; variable costs per unit would be $10 for A and $11 for B; and revenue per unit would be $15.
1) Determine each alternative’s break-even point in units.
2) At what volume of output would the two alternatives yield the same profit?
3) If expected annual demand is 12,000 units, which alternative would yield the higher profit?
Problem 9: The following diagram describes a process that consists of eight separate operations, with sequential relationships and capacities (units per hour) as shown. Two types of input, A and B, are needed. A and B are processed by Operations 1, 2, and 3 and Operations 4, 5, and 6, respectively, before they are combined and processed by Operations 7 and 8.
1) What is the current capacity of the entire process?
2) If you could increase the capacity of only two operations through process improvement efforts, which two operations would you select, how much additional capacity would you strive for in each of those operations, and what would the resulting capacity of the entire process be?
Problem 10: A product is currently made in a process-focused shop, where fixed costs are $9,000 per year and variable costs are $50 per unit. The firm is considering a fundamental shift in process, to repetitive manufacturing. The new process would have fixed costs of $90,000, and variable costs of $5. What is the crossover point for these processes? For what range of outputs is each process appropriate?
BONUS QUESTION: Problem 11:Provide a short description of the specific meaning of flow time (T), flow rate (R), and inventory level (I) for the following three scenarios.
1) A factory that makes iPhone 6s.
2) A home builder who builds single-family houses.
3) Somerset Café.
Product Code :Opt06
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at email@example.com but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.