Parksville Finance Assignment Help With Solution
Part One – The Worksheet
1) Payroll – The following table shows the estimated payroll budget for the parks department for 2015.
For 2016, you expect to use revenue from a new innkeeper’s tax to hire 1 additional full-time employees and 6 additional part-time employees. All employees will get a 3.5% cost of living increase to their base salary. The cost of health care has been rising and your benefit costs have increased to 16% of each full-time salary (you don’t provide benefits to part-time employees). Tax rates will not change. Update the table above with the information about 2016 and enter your estimate for the 2016 total payroll in the appropriate cell of the budget worksheet
2) Other Expenses – The mayor included a memo with the budget worksheet providing guidance for budgeting all other expense lines in your budget. Use the following information to complete the expense section for 2016 in the budget worksheet.
• All Supply lines will be reduced by 6% in 2016.
• Utility costs are expected to increase by 4% from 2015 to 2016.
• Fuel costs are expected to increase by 8% from 2015 to 2016.
• No requests for equipment will be approved.
The memo also included the following excerpt from Parksville’s long range capital plan:
3) Innkeeper’s Tax – The city council has recently approved a new Innkeeper’s tax that will become effective on January 1st, 2016. It’s a 2% tax all sales at hotels within the city limits. All proceeds from the new tax will go to the parks department “to improve the quality of existing recreational opportunities, and to provide for the construction of new recreational facilities.” Surprisingly, the city council made it through the entire approval process without estimating the total revenue from the tax. So, now that task falls on you.
You know that sales at hotels make up roughly 3% of all retail sales tax collections in your area and that the total current retail sales tax is 5% of all retail sales. The State Department of Revenue provided data on total retail sales tax collections within the city limits of Parksville for the last 10 years. Estimate the total collections from the Innkeeper’s tax for 2016 and enter the amount in the appropriate cell of the budget worksheet. (Hint: Tax Collections = Tax Rate x Tax Base)
4) User Charges – At this early stage in the budget process, you’ve decided to group all other revenue from parks programs and concessions into one category called “User Charges”. The table shows the total collections for user charges over the last 7 years. Based on the information provided, estimate total collections from user charges for 2015 and enter the amount in the budget worksheet.
5) Property Tax – Your department uses property taxes to fund the gap between its total expenses and all other estimated revenue to produce a balanced budget. Use the answers you’ve entered into the budget worksheet to calculate the property tax levy and enter the amount in the budget worksheet.
6) Finishing the Worksheet – Now that you have all of the data for your budget entered into the worksheet. Fill in the columns and rows for $ Change, % Change, Net Income, and Ending Balance. Be sure to enter a value for each of the grey cells in the worksheet.
Part Two – The Questions
1) Now that you’ve completed the budget worksheet, review the financial position of the department and answer the following questions.
a. Are you projecting a surplus, deficit or balanced budget? What is the projected net income and ending balance for the department for 2016?
b. Assuming the total Net Assessed Value (NAV) for Parksville is $410 million. What is the tax rate per $1,000 of net assessed value for 2016?
c. What is the property tax liability for a property with a $175,000 NAV in 2016?
d. Assuming the same NAV for Parksville ($410 million), what was property tax rate for 2015?
e. In 2015, what was the property tax liability for a property with a $175,000 NAV?
f. If your department wants to increase its cash reserves by $400,000 in 2016 by increasing its property tax rate, what would the new tax rate and levy be?
2) The parks department is considering building a new pool. If the project is approved, the pool will be constructed in 2016 for a total cost of $400,000 to be paid from the cash reserves of the department. The pool will open in 2017 and is expected to generate $97,000 in revenue each year. It will cost roughly $68,000 per year to operate. It is expected to last 20 years before it will require another major capital investment. Using a 3% discount rate, calculate the Net Present Value (NPV) and Benefit Cost Ratio (BCR) for the project over the next 21 years.
Assume the construction costs occur at the end of year one and that all costs and benefits occur at the end of each year.
a. What is the NPV and BCR for the project?
b. Would you recommend building the pool? Remember that there may be some benefits or costs to the community not included in the information provided.
c. Can the city of Parksville afford to build the new pool?
d. Can you think of any changes to the project or the department’s budget that would allow them to move forward with the project?
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id email@example.com with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
3) Look back at the information provided about the Innkeeper’s tax. The intent of this tax was to generate additional revenue to improve the park system, but is that really what happened? If you did everything right, you should see that it had another significant impact on the budget.
a. What was it?
b. Why did it happen?
c. What could you have done differently to ensure all the money from the new tax went to the intended purpose?
Product Code :Fin193
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.