Robin Ash and Printzhof Press Case Study And Analysis Help With Solution
On March 19, 2011, Robin Ash glanced at her watch, a gift from her parents to celebrate her promotion two and a half months ago. In January, Ash had been named chief operating officer (COO) of Philadelphia-based Printzhof Press and a vice president of its New York-based parent, Education and Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (EEH). Ash had been with EEH eleven years and was a rising star. On her last assignment, in the entertainment group, she had spent four years reviving and expanding Print Play, the smallest of the company’s six divisions (see Exhibit 1). Print Play published fiction books for children in a variety of genres. Prior to Ash’s arrival, Print Play had contributed less than 1% to EEH sales revenue and had been losing money. Under Ash’s leadership, the division broke even in 2008 and, by 2010, was contributing 6% to EEH sales and 3% net to EBIT.
Ash’s new assignment was a different challenge. Printzhof Press published college-level textbooks and was the most important division at EEH, accounting for 35% of its 2010 revenues and 43% of its net earnings before taxes (see Exhibit 1). For decades, authors had vied with one another to be published by Printzhof. Because only a minority of textbook authors earned substantial royalties from their books, prestige—rather than personal profit—drove many authors’ preferences, and most considered Printzhof the most prestigious textbook publisher in the country. But Printzhof had been slow to respond to changes in the higher education publishing market. In recent years, other companies had won recognition as “gold standard” publishers. Consolidation in the industry had created three global powerhouse players: Pearson, Cengage, and McGraw-Hill Education (see Exhibit 2). The digital revolution was transforming the industry—for example, authors now had the option of self-publishing materials on the web in open-source formats. In addition, cash-rich companies with high-tech expertise, such as Apple Computer, were considering entering the market. Ash’s charge was to reposition Printzhof so it would remain a major player in this complex and rapidly changing environment.
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id email@example.com with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
Assignment Questions – Diagnosis and Action:
1. Robin Ash is faced by a number of competing mandates and values in her new role at Printzhof. Identify three of the most salient examples of such dilemmas and make recommendations about how these can be reconciled in a manner that benefits the organisation.
2. Robin Ash is expected to report back to EEH’s EVP of Education Group, Bob Richards, on her proposed strategy with regards to the three priority areas for change. Make recommendations based on the appropriate OB theory on how far and fast she should move in addressing these priorities to improve Printzhof’s culture and performance.
3. What impact is Printzhof Press’s history and organisational culture likely to have on Robin Ash’s efforts to revitalise the business? Analysis the case study using relevant OB theory/s and concepts and make recommendations regarding the type of organisational culture that would be best suited to Printzhof’s current competitive environment.
Product Code :Case53
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.