Surgical Robot Arms Race Case Study Analysis Help With Solution
In the greater Seattle-Tacoma area, an arms race continues between hospitals to gather the most modern technology available to use on their patients – currently this arms race’s primary device of choice – robotic surgical systems. Why robotic surgical systems? These systems in theory allow surgeons to be more precise in performing complex surgical procedures on patients. With greater precision comes a greater chance of successfully healing the patient as well as reducing the patient’s possibility for complications and recovery time. In addition to these benefits, hospitals through the use of superior technology can serve more patients and potentially reap greater benefits from insurance companies and patients for these advanced medical services.
1. What is the annual rate of interest being charged to the hospital? The total interest paid over the entire term of the lease?
2. Given this rate of interest, give some reasons on why or why not the hospital should accept this lease contract. Is this a good deal for the lessee?
3. Assume that the hospital has a current borrowing rate of 3.75% is this a capital lease or operating lease? Please explain each of the criteria and your conclusion based on ASC 840. Assume a 7 year life to the equipment, that there is no transfer of ownership to the lessee at the end of the lease term, and that there is no bargain purchase option?
4. Why would a hospital care whether it was a capital lease or an operating lease? When would one be an advantage over the other?
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
5. Given the new situation, how does that affect questions 1-4? Would your answers be different and why?
6. If the contract were signed, what would be the first journal entry entered by the hospital. What would be the final journal entry? Are they the same or are they different? Why? What underlying principal would explain why they would be the same…? What underlying principal would explain why they would be different?
7. Calculate the contribution margin. Be sure to identify the variable versus the fixed expenses.
8. Based on the determination you made in the above question, discuss the break-even point in
number of cases per month. What are the implications associated with this number?
9. Determine the monthly payment for the new lease for the da Vinci robot.
10. Assuming that other existing variable and fixed costs carryover for the next 4 years and that this is an
operating lease, what is the net present value of the da Vinci robot assuming a 12% discount rate
and the ability to sell the robot for $500,000 at the end of the lease?
11. What is the new break-even point?
12. Is this a profitable venture for the hospital? If profitable, is it profitable enough? Why or why not? If
it is not profitable, should the da Vinci robot be discontinued? Why or why not?
13. So, what do you do? This question should be answered an in essay format with a clear beginning, middle and end. You should use transitions between paragraphs and be readable to a knowledgeable business person. This means you will need to discuss the IMA Code of Ethics and how it applies to this situation. This question should not exceed 5 pages double spaced. With that said, a one page answer will not suffice either.
Product Code :Case32
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at email@example.com but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.