Union Carbide Finance Assignment Help With Solution
Source: Capital Markets Coursepack
“The Union Carbide Deal” presents critical issues of corporate survival and renewal through the use of the capital markets. In the period under discussion Union Carbide – at the time one of America’s largest companies – dealt with severe shocks to its business and financial stability. The case reviews the company’s efforts to deal with difficult choices and with the involvement of key financial intermediaries in providing roadmaps to these choices. It illuminates the broad spectrum of alternatives available in the capital markets and the tradeoffs in following difficult alternatives. The case provides realistic understanding of the viewpoint of corporate financial management in crisis situations and the interplay with investment banks in finding the best solutions in the capital markets to deal with fundamental financial issues.
The case focuses on three primary participants:
1. The Company – Union Carbide
2. Major Established Investment Bank – Morgan Stanley
3. Competitive Investment Bank – First Boston
How it Works
How It works ?
Step 1:- Click on Submit your Assignment here or shown in left side corner of every page and fill the quotation form with all the details. In the comment section, please mention product code mentioned in end of every Q&A Page. You can also send us your details through our email id firstname.lastname@example.org with product code in the email body. Product code is essential to locate your questions so please mentioned that in your email or submit your quotes form comment section.
Step 2:- While filling submit your quotes form please fill all details like deadline date, expected budget, topic , your comments in addition to product code . The date is asked to provide deadline.
Step 3:- Once we received your assignments through submit your quotes form or email, we will review the Questions and notify our price through our email id. Kindly ensure that our email id email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org must not go into your spam folders. We request you to provide your expected budget as it will help us in negotiating with our experts.
Step 4:- Once you agreed with our price, kindly pay by clicking on Pay Now and please ensure that while entering your credit card details for making payment, it must be done correctly and address should be your credit card billing address. You can also request for invoice to our live chat representatives.
Step 5:- Once we received the payment we will notify through our email and will deliver the Q&A solution through mail as per agreed upon deadline.
Step 6:-You can also call us in our phone no. as given in the top of the home page or chat with our customer service representatives by clicking on chat now given in the bottom right corner.
Features for Assignment Help
We believe in providing no plagiarism work to the students. All are our works are unique and we provide Free Plagiarism report too on requests.
We believe in providing perfect, relevant and 100% accurate solutions to the student as per questions asked. All our experts are perfect in providing that so as to give unique experience to the students.
We are the only service providers boasting of providing original, relevant and accurate solutions. Our three stage quality process help students to get perfect solutions.
All our works are kept as confidential as we respect the integrity and privacy of our clients.
- Physics Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Engineering Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Online exam Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment
- Case Study Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Research Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Business Plan Help
- Essay Writing Help
- Human Resource Assignment Help
- Accounting Homework Help
- Computer Science Assignment Help
- Finance Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Statistics Homework Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Strategy Management Assignment Help
- Auditing Assignment Help
- Information Management Assignment Help
- Online Assignment Writing help
- Best Assignment Help
- Humanities Assignment help
Three phases in the company’s situation are highlighted:
1. Crises – Bhopal and the GAF takeover attempt
2. Financial Stress – Debt burden
3. Financial Restructuring — Recapitalization
Write a report up to 8 pages following all the instruction and answering all the questions in the expectations.
The report should be presented in the sequence of the three phases described above (Crisis; Financial Stress; Financial Restructuring):
1. Situation Analysis – what were the critical issues for the company and what was the appropriate priority for each of these issues?
2. Perception of Interest – what were the interests of each of the three major participants (the company and the two investment banks)?
3. Capital Markets Approaches – review the financial issues with respect to the Bhopal crisis/ GAF takeover action; financial stress of the debt burden; financial restructuring.
4. Effectiveness – evaluate the actions taken in each of the three phases. What were the positives and negatives of the actions? Review the substantive positions taken by the three participants on the key issues and analyze their strengths and weaknesses.
5. Capital Market Options – consider the possible financial approaches available to meet the company’s needs in each phase, including the options considered and alternatives to these options. Provide an evaluation of the effectiveness and difficulties of the alternatives.
Following the sequential review of the three phases consider the following questions:
6. Evaluation – discuss the contributions of each of the major participants and provide a grade for their efforts backed by arguments, logic and information.
7. Conclusion – review the results of this case in terms of meeting the interests of the company and of the investment banks. Provide recommendations for alternative resolutions of the issues/ or support for the course which was chosen.
8. Ultimately Union Carbide lost its independence and was acquired by Dow Chemical.
Was this attributable to errors in the period of the case? Was an acquisition inevitable due to the company’s weaknesses in the crisis period? Could it have been avoided if alternative approaches were taken?
For this assignment you may draw on relevant information outside of the case. Delivery of the class presentation should be in the format you find most effective. Assume you are a corporate working group preparing for the presentation and provide the delivery which you believe bests serves your viewpoint and leads to successful recognition of your efforts.
Product Code :Fin109
To get answer for this question, kindly click here (Note: Don’t forget to write the product code in comment section)
You can also email us at email@example.com but please mentioned product code in the mail body while sending emails.You can browse more questions to get answer in our Q&A sections here.