Aquasure: Project Finance – Victorian Desalination Plant Case Study Solutions
The Harvard Business School case study titled “Aquasure: Project Finance – Victorian Desalination Plant” by Pierre Hillion and Jean Wee examines the financing and construction of the Victorian Desalination Plant in Australia, which was developed by the public-private partnership Aquasure.
Aquasure faced several challenges in financing and constructing the desalination plant. These challenges included financing the project in the midst of a global financial crisis, managing a complex public-private partnership, and overcoming opposition from local communities.
The case study highlights several key challenges associated with financing and constructing large infrastructure projects like the Victorian Desalination Plant. One of the primary challenges is securing financing for the project. Aquasure was able to secure financing for the project through a combination of equity and debt, but faced challenges in securing debt financing in the midst of a global financial crisis.
In addition to financing challenges, Aquasure also faced challenges in managing a complex public-private partnership. The company had to navigate the interests of multiple stakeholders, including government agencies, contractors, and local communities. Aquasure also had to manage complex legal and regulatory requirements associated with the project.
Aquasure was able to overcome these challenges through effective project management and stakeholder engagement. The company worked closely with government agencies and local communities to address concerns and ensure that the project was completed on time and within budget.
The case study highlights the challenges associated with financing and constructing large infrastructure projects and the importance of effective project management and stakeholder engagement. Despite the challenges, Aquasure was able to successfully complete the Victorian Desalination Plant on time and within budget, providing an important source of water for the state of Victoria.
Read Case Study Analysis Assignment and Homework Help Solution
- Haliburton Company: Accounting for Cost Overruns and Recoveries
- Differences between Financial Accounting and Tax for Valuation in M&A
- Adenosine Therapeutics LLC: Accounting for a Different Compensation Method
- Shifting Finance from Controlling to Improving
- Micro-Strategy: Accounting for Crypto-currency Case Study Solutions
- Fair Value Accounting Controversy at Noble Group
- Aztek Chocolate Studio: Accounting System Software Case Study Solutions
- Housing Finance Agency Case Study Solutions
- Work Pants Finance: The Miners Go to B-School Case Study Solutions
- Accounting for Leases Case Study Solutions
To successfully finance and construct large infrastructure projects like the Victorian Desalination Plant, companies should consider the following recommendations:
- Develop a comprehensive financing plan that includes both equity and debt financing.
- Establish effective project management processes that allow for effective coordination with multiple stakeholders.
- Invest in stakeholder engagement to ensure that concerns are addressed and that the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Develop a clear regulatory and legal framework that allows for effective project management and risk mitigation.
By following these recommendations, companies can successfully finance and construct large infrastructure projects and deliver important services to communities.
Looking for similar case solution, You can submit our form by clicking submit button in menu or WhatsApp us at +16469488918 to book your order. Visits case study analysis help to see more case solutions.